Brian A. Mills
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Asset Protection
- Business Transactions & Reorganizations
- Business Entity Formation
- Real Estate Law
Brian has a general business practice with an emphasis in the areas of estate planning, probate, trusts, guardianships, asset protection, business transactions and reorganizations, business entity formation, real estate, and taxation.
A native of Beaumont, Texas, Brian graduated from Monsignor Kelly High School in 1990 as salutatorian of his class. Brian then attended Baylor University in Waco, Texas, where he graduated in 1995 with a B.B.A. in Accounting, summa cum laude, and an M.B.A. in Accounting. While at Baylor, Brian was admitted as a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, a national honor society in business and management which is the highest honor a business student can receive in an undergraduate business program.
Brian received his J.D. degree with honors from the University of Texas School of Law in 1998 and was admitted to the Texas bar in 1998. While at UT, Brian was a member of the Texas Journal of Business Law, and he received the Best Brief award in the 1996 Gibbs & Bruns Moot Court Competition. Brian was also named to the Order of the Coif, an honor extended to law students ranking in the top 10% of their graduating class.
Brian is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Brian was also named as a Texas Rising Star for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011 by Texas Monthly in the area of Estate Planning/Trusts.
Brian practices in the firm's Beaumont office.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1998
- Honors: Best Brief Award - 1996 Gibbs & Bruns Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Baylor University
- B.B.A. - 1995
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Member, Beta Gamma Sigma
- Major: B.B.A. in Accounting
- Major: M.B.A. in Accounting
- Texas Rising Star for 2005-2009, 2011: Estate Planning/Trusts
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas, 1998