We Deliver Trustworthy Results
John W. Johnson
- Residential & Commercial Real Estate Litigation and Transactions
- Construction Law
- Employment Law, Trade Secrets, and Non-Competition Agreements and Litigation
John W. Johnson's practice covers a wide range of real estate transaction and litigation matters. John represents many financial institutions, lenders, and individuals owners and developers. His experience includes residential, commercial, oil and gas, and timber acquisitions, sales, leasing, development, construction projects, and civil litigation. John also routinely serves as counsel for owners and lenders in connection with interim and permanent financing of development and construction of commercial and residential real estate. In addition to financing transactions, he assists his clients in civil litigation, workouts, and bankruptcy matters. John has also served as counsel in numerous land litigation matters including condemnation, zoning, and restrictive covenant disputes, trespass to try title, trespass, construction defects, delay and breach of contract claims, royalty disputes, evictions, and foreclosure related matters. John also represents employers in connection with employment, trade secret, and non-competition matters. John has also tried cases before the U.S. Tax Court and handled civil tax matters.
John is Board Certified in the fields of Residential Real Estate Law and Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is also a certified public accountant.
John was named a Texas Super Lawyer in Real Estate Law by Texas Monthly multiple times and has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America® in the practice area of Real Estate Law.
John has spoken on topics ranging from the acquisition of commercial and residential real estate to condemnation and real estate and construction litigation.
John is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Louisiana Bar Association, the Jefferson County Bar Association, the Texas Association of Bank Counsel, and the American Association of Attorney - CPAs. John is also a member of the Board of Directors of Junior Achievement of the Golden Triangle and has served as President of the Southeast Texas Estate Planning Council and the Saint Thomas Moore Society of Southeast Texas. He has also served on and provided counsel to many other local civic and charitable organizations. John is currently a member of the State Bar of Texas Real Estate Forms Manual Committee
John is admitted to practice in Texas (1988) and Louisiana (1990). John is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, Western, and Northern districts of Texas and the U.S. Tax Court.
John earned his B.S. degree from Louisiana State University where he was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Beta Alpha Psi. He was graduated from the University of Texas School of Law and obtained an LLM in Taxation from the University of Alabama.
John practices in the firm's Beaumont office.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, LL.M., Master of Laws
- Louisiana State University, B.S. – 1981
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- American Association of Attorney – CPAs
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Super Lawyer in Real Estate Law by Texas Monthly and is listed in the Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law
Fraternities or Sororities
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Beta Alpha Psi
Certified Legal Specialties
- Residential Real Estate Law and Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Public Accountant
- Texas, 1998
- Louisiana, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern, Western, and Northern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court